This Morning’s Bulletin — 8.20.18
• Today will be mostly cloudy, with a high around 75 degrees and a north wind 8 to 13 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 20. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 64. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers Tuesday, with a high near 75 degrees. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 84.
• President Donald Trump’s visit to Southampton Friday to attend a fundraiser at the home of Douglas Elliman Real Estate and Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs Chairman Howard Lorber was barely a blip on the Washington press corps’ radar screen, but, for East Enders, it proved a boiling point of heated sentiment against the highly controversial president. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The first public meeting on the Transportation Chapter of Southold Town’s Comprehensive Plan Update, hosted by the Mattituck/Laurel Civic Association, will be held this evening at 6:30 p.m. at the Mattituck American Legion Post 861, 600 Wickham Avenue in Mattituck. Meetings will follow tomorrow and Wednesday at Peconic Landing and the Peconic Lane Community Center, respectively. More details are online here.
• The Accabonac Protection Committee will present a public forum on Ticks: Facts, Fictions & the Unknowns tonight at 6 p.m. at Ashawagh Hall in Springs, preceded by refreshments at 5:30 p.m. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here.
• The Butterfly Project, which is working to empower girls in Riverhead, is looking for public support for their campaign to win a $25,000 grant from State Farm Insurance to help with their leadership program. More details and voting information are online here.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:12 a.m., 6:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:20 a.m., 5:46 p.m.
Greenport: 6:49 a.m., 7:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:34 a.m., 7:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:44 a.m., 7:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:11 a.m., 8:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:18 a.m., 8:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:56 a.m., 5:27 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:05 a.m., 3:36 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:08 a.m., 7:29 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:16 a.m., 6:37 p.m.
Greenport: 7:45 a.m., 8:06 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:30 a.m., 8:49 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:40 a.m., 8:01 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:07 a.m., 9:28 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:14 a.m., 9:35 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:54 a.m., 6:22 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:03 a.m., 4:31 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.