• It will be mostly cloudy today, with a high near 75 degrees and a 20 percent chance of showers after noon. The wind will be out of the east around 9 miles per hour. There’s a 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight, with a low around 72. There’s a 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Wednesday, with a high near 82 degrees. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 80.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss the Montauk Lighthouse revetment project, accessory uses and a civil service symposium at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation will hold a public meetings on commercial fishing permits at the Suffolk County Marine Environmental Learning Center at Cedar Beach in Southold at 6 p.m this evening. Two additional meetings are scheduled on Thursday, Aug. 23 and Wednesday, Sept. 5 at 6 p.m. at the Montauk Playhouse. More details are online here.
• The second public meeting on the Transportation Chapter of Southold Town’s Comprehensive Plan Update will be held this evening at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium at Peconic Landing in Greenport. A third meeting will be held at the Peconic Lane Community Center tomorrow evening at 6:30 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold public hearings on extending the term of Town Supervisor from two to four years and on changing the town code in regard to establishing a mortgage-in-default registry and adding a code section on blighted property at their 7 p.m. regular meeting tonight at town hall. The code change extending the supervisor’s term would be subject to a mandatory public referendum. Their full agenda is online here.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton presents a staged reading of playwright Eugene Pack’s “Thursday, Three,” about two generations of a family’s exposure to Hollywood, this evening at 8 p.m. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:08 a.m., 7:29 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:16 a.m., 6:37 p.m.
Greenport: 7:45 a.m., 8:06 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:30 a.m., 8:49 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:40 a.m., 8:01 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:07 a.m., 9:28 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:14 a.m., 9:35 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:54 a.m., 6:22 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:03 a.m., 4:31 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:56 a.m., 8:15 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:04 a.m., 7:23 p.m.
Greenport: 8:33 a.m., 8:52 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:22 a.m., 9:39 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:28 a.m., 8:47 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:55 a.m., 10:14 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:02 a.m., 10:21 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:51 a.m., 7:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5 a.m., 5:23 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.