This Morning’s Bulletin — 8.22.14
• From Friday through Sunday, the Hamptons International Film Festival and Southampton Arts Center are hosting a special weekend of screenings of short and feature-length films for families and kids. Opening night on Friday will feature Charlie Chaplin shorts outdoors on the lawn at the Southampton Arts Center, complete with live piano accompaniment. Screenings will continue throughout Saturday, and will conclude Sunday with a 3D screening of DreamWorks Animation’s sequel, How To Train Your Dragon 2, at the United Artists Southampton 4. More information is online here.
• Peconic Bay Medical Center is looking to get a few good volleyball teams together for their Fourth Annual Volleyball Tournament for Heart Health at Ponqougue Beach in Hampton Bays on Sept. 6. Teams must be four to six players and there is a $30 fee per player. For more information, email email@example.com.
• It’s time to start collecting shells for your costume if you want to join the Greenport Maritime Festival’s Merfolk contest. Anyone of any age can dress up and join the parade through Greenport at 11 a.m. on Sept. 20, but the contest is for boys and girls ages 5 to 12. More information is online here.
• East Hampton’s annual Artists & Writers Game has already raised more than $200,000 for a slew of local charities, but there’s still time to bid on some of their online auction items on charitybuzz.com. To find auction items from the game, select the local charity you’d like to support from the drop-down menu of charities on charitybuzz’s home page.
• All in a Weekend, The Beacon’s highlights of some of the best events on the Twin Forks this weekend, is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.