• Today will be sunny, with a high near 84 degrees and a southwest wind 7 to 16 miles per hour. We’re expecting a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 7 p.m. tonight, with increasing clouds and a low around 73. Scattered showers will continue Wednesday, with cloudy skies early, clearing after 2 p.m. The high will be near 83 degrees. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 78.
• Our Gardenwise columnist, Susan Tito, got more than she bargained for when she invited the invasive Godzilla commonly known as Chameleon Plant into her garden. Read what she has to say about the experience online here.
• Canio’s Books in Sag Harbor hosts “Good Shoemaker, Poor Fish-Peddler: a Memorial for Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti upon the 90th Anniversary of their Unjust Executions” with historian/folk musician Stephen Sanfilippo this evening at 5 p.m. More details are online here. [Free]
• Suffolk County Vector Control will conduct an aerial spraying for mosquitos with Bti and Methoprene in the following East End areas today through Thursday between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m.: Jagger Lane and Apacuck Point in Southampton Town; Napeague in East Hampton Town; the Aquebogue Overlook, Crescent Duck Farm, Millar Farm and Aquebogue Farm in Riverhead Town and New Suffolk, Pipes Cove and Pipes Neck Creek in Southold Town. For more information, contact Vector Control at 631.852.4270.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold a public hearing on modifying occupancy restrictions in senior citizen zoning districts at their 6 p.m. meeting tonight, which will be held at the Hampton Bays Senior Center. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss short term rentals and planning board comments on a proposed site plan review law at their 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board has no work session scheduled for today.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:42 a.m., 11:07 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:50 a.m., 10:15 p.m.
Greenport: 11:19 a.m., 11:44 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:25 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:14 a.m., 11:39 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:18 a.m., 12:41 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:25 a.m., 12:48 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:16 a.m., 8:31 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:32 a.m., 11:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:40 a.m., 11:03 p.m.
Greenport: 12:09 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:45 a.m., 1:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:04 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:06 a.m., 1:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:13 a.m., 1:38 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:04 a.m., 9:18 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light today.