• It will be sunny today, with a high temperature near 76 degrees and a west wind 11 to 14 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 62 and a west wind 5 to 8 miles per hour, becoming calm after midnight. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 82 and a 40 percent chance of showers, mostly after 2 p.m. Friday will be partly sunny, with a high near 83 and a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.
• With two major solar projects currently under review in Calverton, the Riverhead Town Board has proposed a year-long moratorium on new solar farm applications. The board will hold a public hearing on the moratorium at its Tuesday, Sept. 1 meeting at 2 p.m. Read our full story.
• The Peconic Estuary Program’s Citizens’ Advisory Committee is holding a Suffolk County Septic Improvement Program workshop this afternoon at 2 p.m. via Zoom. Register online here.
• The North Fork Environmental Council and North Fork Audubon are hosting a Zoom discussion on the Envision Plum Island report with Save The Sound’s New York Natural Areas Coordinator Louise Harrison this evening at 6:30 p.m. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreation Center hosts Cardiovascular and Covid Antibody Screenings this Friday, Aug. 28 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Here’s info on registering.
• To honor the 57th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr’s “I Have a Dream” speech, the Shelter Island Health and Wellness Alliance and the Shelter Island Public Library are sponsoring an online event this Friday, Aug. 28 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Here are more details.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:28 a.m., 5:07 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:36 a.m., 4:15 p.m.
Greenport: 5:05 a.m., 5:44 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6 a.m., 6:27 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5 a.m., 5:39 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:27 a.m., 7:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:34 a.m., 7:13 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:30 a.m., 4:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:39 a.m., 2:15 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:38 a.m., 6:13 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:46 a.m., 5:21 p.m.
Greenport: 6:15 a.m., 6:50 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:05 a.m., 7:30 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:10 a.m., 6:45 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:37 a.m., 8:12 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:44 a.m., 8:19 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:31 a.m., 5:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:40 a.m., 3:15 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.