This Morning’s Bulletin — 8.28.19
• We’re expecting showers and possibly a thunderstorm after noon today, with a high temperature near 76 degrees and an east wind 6 to 8 miles per hour. Storms are expected to continue overnight, with a low around 67. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 82, and Friday will be sunny, with a high near 81.
• Beginning Sept. 3, the second afternoon westbound South Fork Commuter Connection train will now go as far Westhampton. It had previously ended in Hampton Bays. The South Fork Commuter Connection will also resume Friday service beginning September 6. More details are online here.
• Southold’s Summer Showcase Concert Series at Silversmith’s Corner hosts Colin Van Tuyl & The Greenport Community Band this evening at 7:30 p.m. at the corner of Route 25 and Youngs Avenue. The rain location is Southold’s First Presbyterian Church.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton hosts a staged reading this evening at 8:30 p.m. of Eden Collinsworth’s “The Strangeness of Men and Women,” based on the true story of one of the more remarkably bizarre divorce cases. More details are online here.
• The New Suffolk Waterfront’s annual Art, Oysters & Champagne end-of-summer celebration is this Sunday, Sept. 1 from 5 to 7 p.m. Tickets are $85 in advance, and a preview of the concurrent art auction is online here.
• The North Fork Audubon Society is holding a garden party on Sunday, Sept. 8 at 3 p.m. to dedicate The Red House at Inlet Pond County Park on Route 48 in Greenport to the honor of North Fork naturalist and homegrown hero Roy Latham. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:30 a.m., 8:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:38 a.m., 8:03 p.m.
Greenport: 9:07 a.m., 9:32 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:08 a.m., 10:27 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:02 a.m., 9:27 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:29 a.m., 10:54 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:36 a.m., 11:01 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:47 a.m., 8:05 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:56 a.m., 6:14 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:19 a.m., 9:44 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:27 a.m., 8:52 p.m.
Greenport: 9:56 a.m., 10:21 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11 a.m., 11:20 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:51 a.m., 10:16 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:18 a.m., 11:43 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:25 a.m., 11:50 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:41 a.m., 8:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:50 a.m., 7:07 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.