• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high temperature near 84 degrees and a northwest wind 5 to 7 miles per hour, becoming southwest in the afternoon. There’s a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms this evening, mainly after 9 p.m., with a low around 73. We’re expecting showers and possibly a thunderstorm Saturday, with a high near 83. Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 80.
• The Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreation Center hosts Cardiovascular and Covid Antibody Screenings from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. today. Here’s info on registering.
• To honor the 57th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr’s “I Have a Dream” speech, the Shelter Island Health and Wellness Alliance and the Shelter Island Public Library are sponsoring an online event this evening, Aug. 28 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Here are more details.
• The Overlook, a string quartet dedicated to performing concert music by Black composers, will give a free virtual concert this evening at 6:30 p.m. on Music for Montauk’s YouTube channel. Here are more details.
• Suffolk County’s Covid-19 caseload remains at a low point, with 34 people testing positive in the 24 hours ending Thursday, with .5 percent of people tested testing positive. Forty-five people were hospitalized with the virus on Thursday, with 12 of them in ICU. The county reported no new fatalities, and the death toll stands at 2,001.
• Registration is still open for the Neo-Political Cowgirls’ annual Andromeda’s Sisters arts and advocacy forum, to be held virtually next Thursday, Sept. 3. Here are more details.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:44 a.m., 7:12 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:52 a.m., 6:20 p.m.
Greenport: 7:21 a.m., 7:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:09 a.m., 8:32 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:16 a.m., 7:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:43 a.m., 9:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:50 a.m., 9:18 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:36 a.m., 6:08 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:45 a.m., 4:17 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:40 a.m., 8:04 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:48 a.m., 7:12 p.m.
Greenport: 8:17 a.m., 8:41 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:09 a.m., 9:30 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:12 a.m., 8:36 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:39 a.m., 10:03 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:46 a.m., 10:10 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:41 a.m., 7:08 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:50 a.m., 5:17 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.