• We’re expecting mostly cloudy skies today, with a high temperature near 75 degrees and an east wind 7 to 10 miles per hour. There’s a 40 percent chance of showers overnight, mostly after 2 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 63. Tuesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 75 and a 50 percent chance of showers. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 79 and showers likely before 8 a.m.
• The Mattituck-Laurel Civic Association will host a community discussion on zoning in Southold Town at its 6:30 p.m. meeting this evening in the Mattituck Park District headquarters at Veterans Beach on Peconic Bay Boulevard. All are welcome.
• The Hampton Bays Civic Association will discuss “Continuing on the Pathway to the Future of Hampton Bays” and hear from candidates for seats on the association’s board of directors at its 7 p.m. meeting this evening at the Hampton Bays Senior Center, 25 Ponquogue Avenue. All are welcome, though membership is required to vote. Here’s more info.
• Beacon Editor Beth Young joined a panel of local journalists discussing the state of South Fork park and North Fork zoning and housing issues this weekend on Behind the Headlines on 88.3 WLIW-FM. Tune in any time at this link.
• The HooDoo Loungers play the final concert of Greenport’s Dancing in the Park summer concert series this evening at 7:30 p.m. in Mitchell Park on Front Street. Bring a blanket or beach chair to experience this free summer community experience.
• Music Mondays at Bay Street Theater in Sag Harbor continues this evening at 8 p.m. with the Charles McPherson Quartet featuring Randy Brecker, celebrating Charlie Parker. Tickets range from $60 to $80 and are available at baystreet.org.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:55 a.m., 8:21 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:03 a.m., 7:29 p.m.
Greenport: 8:32 a.m., 8:58 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:29 a.m., 9:50 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:27 a.m., 8:53 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:54 a.m., 10:20 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:01 a.m., 10:27 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:04 a.m., 7:31 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:13 a.m., 5:40 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:45 a.m., 9:11 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:53 a.m., 8:19 p.m.
Greenport: 9:22 a.m., 9:48 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:25 a.m., 10:46 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:17 a.m., 9:43 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:44 a.m., 11:10 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:51 a.m., 11:17 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:04 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:13 a.m., 6:36 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.