• Today will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 76 degrees, with a northeast wind around 14 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 63. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 76 and Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 80.
• Vincent Juliano of Rocky Point has been looking to the sky for decades, as one of a dedicated group of model aviation enthusiasts who build and fly large radio-controlled aircraft on Long Island. Now he’s looking for the help of Riverhead Town to help rekindle interest in the hobby.
• The Beacon’s September print edition hits newsstands today! Pick up a copy at one of more than 80 newsstands throughout the East End. You’ll read many of these stories in print before you read them here.
• April Gornik will discuss the Hayao Miyazaki classic “Spirited Away” as part of the Sag Harbor Cinema Arts Center’s Artists Love Movies series on Sunday at 6 p.m. at Pierson High School in Sag Harbor. [$10]
• Peconic Landing in Greenport will hold its annual free community End of Summer Concert and Fireworks on Sunday at 7 p.m. The Atlantic Wind Symphony will perform, followed by Grucci Fireworks on the grounds of Brecknock Hall.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar, and have a safe and happy holiday weekend. The Morning Bulletin will be back on Tumbleweed Tuesday.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:33 a.m., 1:59 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:41 a.m., 1:07 p.m.
Greenport: 2:10 a.m., 2:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:01 a.m., 3:20 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:05 a.m., 2:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:32 a.m., 3:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:39 a.m., 4:05 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:26 a.m., 12:49 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:58 a.m., 11:23 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:17 a.m., 2:44 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:25 a.m., 1:52 p.m.
Greenport: 2:54 a.m., 3:21 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:48 a.m., 4:07 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:49 a.m., 3:16 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:16 a.m., 4:43 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:23 a.m., 4:50 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:14 a.m., 1:37 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:46 a.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.