• Today will be sunny, with a high near 81 degrees and a northeast wind 6 to 8 miles per hour, becoming southeast in the afternoon. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers after midnight, with mostly cloudy skies and a low temperature overnight around 65. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and with thunderstorms Tuesday, with partly sunny skies and a high near 82. Wednesdayw ill be partly sunny, with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms and a high near 83.
• The Mattituck-Laurel Civic Association will hold a special meeting this evening at 6:30 p.m. at the Mattituck Presbyterian Church to discuss “the last green corner” at the corner of New Suffolk Avenue and the Main Road, where a large hardware store is planned, and a “walkable hamlet concept.” All are welcome to attend.
• For a sixth consecutive year, The Bridgehampton Chamber Music Festival teams up with the Parrish Art Museum to present a one-of-a-kind concert in the Parrish’s galleries this evening at 6:30 p.m. This year, organizers take inspiration from a concurrent exhibition of Helen Frankenthaler, a pioneer of abstract expressionism, to create a program of evocative works by women composers. Tickets are $35. More details are online here.
• The Southampton Arts Center kicks off its month-long “Theatre & Opera Mondays” series, a rare peek into the process behind creating a new musical or opera before full staging, this evening at 7 p.m. with a Lyricist & Composer Concert with Marcy Heisler and Zina Goldrich & Friends. Tickets are $20. More details are online here.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton kicks off its Hamptons Institute panel discussion series this evening at 7 p.m. with “The Youth Climate Movement Could Save the Planet.” Tickets range from $25 to $55. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:34 a.m., 2:09 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:42 a.m., 1:17 p.m.
Greenport: 2:11 a.m., 2:46 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:09 a.m., 3:41 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:06 a.m., 2:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:33 a.m., 4:08 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:40 a.m., 4:15 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:46 a.m., 1:29 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:38 a.m., 11:52 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:30 a.m., 3:07 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:38 a.m., 2:15 p.m.
Greenport: 3:07 a.m., 3:44 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:06 a.m., 4:37 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:02 a.m., 3:39 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:29 a.m., 5:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:36 a.m., 5:13 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:43 a.m., 2:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:33 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.