• Showers will become increasingly likely throughout the day today, with possible thunderstorms mid-morning through afternoon. Otherwise, we’re expecting mostly cloudy skies, with a high near 74 degrees and a west wind 5 to 14 miles per hour, becoming south in the afternoon. Occasional showers are likely overnight, with a low around 65. Tuesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 80, and Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 79.
• It will be 100 years this fall since women got the right to vote in New York State. While ground zero of the women’s suffrage movement in New York is considered to be Seneca Falls, many Long Island women were at the forefront of the statewide suffrage movement, and local women’s voting rights groups are making sure their forebears are remembered this year, beginning with a re-enactment of a 1913 rally in East Hampton Aug. 24. Read The Beacon’s full story online here.
• Green-Eyed Lady performs tonight at 6:30 p.m. on the Montauk Green and Blue Moon Rising, a blues-rock band with a twist, performs at Dances in the Park in Greenport’s Mitchell Park tonight at 7:30 p.m. Get the details on free outdoor concert series throughout the East End for the rest of the summer online here.
• This year’s Hamptons Institute lecture series kicks off tomorrow evening at 7 p.m. at East Hampton’s Guild Hall, with a panel discussion about “Climate Change in the New Environment.” More details are online here. [$23-25]
• Tomorrow night is also pay what you can night at Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor’s new jazz-age inspired production of William Shakespeare’s “As You Like It.” The play runs through Sept. 3. More details are online here.
• In Beacon news, our cardboard boat, Bluebill, did not sink at Riverhead’s Cardboard Boat Race Sunday afternoon. But she came close!
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:33 a.m., 10:45 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:41 a.m., 9:53 p.m.
Greenport: 11:10 a.m., 11:22 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:01 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:05 a.m., 11:17 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:05 a.m., 12:32 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:12 a.m., 12:39 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:43 a.m., 7:55 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:14 a.m., 11:24 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:22 a.m., 10:32 p.m.
Greenport: 11:51 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:12 a.m., 12:40 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:46 a.m., 11:56 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:44 a.m., 1:13 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:51 a.m., 1:20 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:21 a.m., 8:32 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.