• Today will be sunny, with a high near 74 degrees and a northeast wind 6 to 9 miles per hour, becoming southeast in the afternoon. Tonight will be clear, with a low around 52. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 78 and Wednesday is expected to be mostly sunny, with a high near 82.
• Southold Supervisor Scott Russell, Suffolk County Legislator Al Krupski and the Suffolk County Water Authority are hosting an important discussion about water conservation tomorrow, Tuesday, September 13 at 7 p.m. in the Southold Town Hall Meeting Room. More information is online here.
• Several public charrette meetings will be held this week in conjunction with East Hampton Town’s Montauk hamlet study, currently underway, beginning with a hamlet-wide public workshop and tours of Montauk on Wednesday and public visioning workshops on Thursday and Friday evenings, culminating on a forum on the future of Montauk on Saturday. The meetings will be held in the Montauk Playhouse Gymnasium. More information is online here.
• The Shinnecock Presbyterian Church will host an evening of prayer and donations for Sioux tribal members in Standing Rock, ND, who are trying to stop the Dakota Access oil pipeline this Wednesday, Sept. 15 from 6 to 9 p.m. The church is asking for donations of water, batteries, warm clothes, non-perishable food, blankets, sleeping bags, tents, rain gear, flashlights, gas cards, solar lights, tarps and first aid kits.
• The League of Women Voters of the Hamptons has announced they will hold a forum on this November’s CPF referendum, on Monday, Sept. 19 at 7 p.m. at Bridgehampton Library. More information is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 6:16 a.m., 6:34 p.m.
Orient: 7:17 a.m., 7:35 p.m.
Greenport: 7:45 a.m., 8:03 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 7:40 a.m., 7:58 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 9:07 a.m., 9:25 p.m.
S. JPT: 9:14 a.m., 9:32 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:53 a.m., 4:18 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 7 a.m., 7:16 p.m.
Orient: 8:01 a.m., 8:17 p.m.
Greenport: 8:29 a.m., 8:45 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 8:24 a.m., 8:40 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 9:51 a.m., 10:07 p.m.
S. JPT: 9:58 a.m., 10:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:51 a.m., 5:13 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.