• We’re expecting patchy drizzle this morning, with a chance of showers between 10am and noon and areas of fog before 10 a.m., cloudy skies, a high near 73 degrees and an east wind around 10 miles per hour. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers tonight before midnight, with a low around 67 degrees. Friday will be partly sunny, with a high near 75, and Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 76.
• Today is New York’s Primary Day for this fall’s election, with primaries in play for the Democratic nomination for Governor and Attorney General. Here’s a good recap of the races.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hear presentations on a special permit for the Glass Greenhouse, Innovative and Alternative On-Site Wastewater Treatment Systems and an event request from Red Frog Events at their 10 a.m. work session this morning.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss “Community Choice Aggregation” and plans for the community building in Ludlam Avenue Park in Riverside at their 10 a.m. work session this morning.
• Our Peconic Dish columnists have whipped up a great variety of appetizers you can cook with late summer vegetables this month. Here’s this month’s Let’s Cook!
• Riverhead Town is accepting donations for training of a new K9 officer after Riverhead Police Department K9 Rocky died on Labor Day Weekend during an accident when a motorist fled a DWI traffic checkpoint. Checks may be made payable to “Riverhead Town Police Department – K9”, and addressed to “Office of the Police Chief (K9)” at 210 Howell Ave. Riverhead, NY 11901.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:47 a.m., 1:14 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:22 p.m.
Greenport: 1:24 a.m., 1:51 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:24 a.m., 2:47 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:19 a.m., 1:46 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:46 a.m., 3:13 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:53 a.m., 3:20 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:01 a.m., 12:34 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:43 a.m., 11:01 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:39 a.m., 2:07 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:47 a.m., 1:15 p.m.
Greenport: 2:16 a.m., 2:44 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:15 a.m., 3:36 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:11 a.m., 2:39 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:38 a.m., 4:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:45 a.m., 4:13 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:52 a.m., 1:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:33 a.m., 11:54 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.