• Developers proposing a massive private club including an Olympic swimming pool and an underground parking garage at the former East Deck Motel property near Ditch Plains in Montauk have asked the East Hampton Town Planning Board to adjourn a hearing on their application that had been scheduled for this Wednesday night. Developers said in a letter to the planning board they have offered the property to East Hampton Town for preservation.
• The Beach Hut and pavillion at Cupsogue Beach on Dune Road in Westhampton burned to the ground Saturday night. Firefighters from 20 departments responded to the blaze, which was complicated by its lengthy distance from the nearest fire hydrant.
• East End Arts’ Teeny Awards Judging Committee is seeking volunteers who know and love theater to evaluate high school theatrical performances on the East End for the 2014-2015 academic year. They’ll be holding a pre-season Judges Meeting at the East End Arts Carriage House on Wed., Sept. 17 at 6:30 p.m., where program coordinators will discuss the responsibilities and perks of being an East End Arts Teeny Awards Judge. The Carriage House is located behind EEA’s gallery at 133 East Main Street in Riverhead.
• Greenport Village Board members will discuss policies on boats at public docks, film permits and a skateboard code at Mitchell Park at a 3 p.m. code committee meeting today, followed by a work session at 6 p.m. The village public works department will be picking up brush all day tomorrow.
• The Sagaponack Village Board will discuss the Sagg Bridge on Bridge Lane and a possible ban on plastic bags at their 4 p.m. work session today. Their full agenda is online here.
• It’s currently 55 degrees in Riverhead, and we’re expecting sunny skies and autumnal weather in the mid-60s today and tomorrow.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.