• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high temperature near 73 degrees and a south wind 5 to 13 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy oernight, with a low around 62. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 78 and Friday will be mostly cloudy, with a 20 percent chance of showers and a high near 70.
• The New York League of Conservation Voters will hold a Zoom forum with New York State Senate candidates Anthony Palumbo (R) and Laura Ahearn (D) this evening at 6 p.m. Mr. Palumbo is currently the North Fork’s State Assemblyman and Ms. Ahearn is a founder and Executive Director of the Crime Victims Center. Both are running for the seat to be vacated by veteran State Senator Kenneth LaValle. Here’s more information on how to register.
• Suffolk County reported 71 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Tuesday, with 1.3 percent of people tested testing positive. Thirty-one people are hospitalized with the virus, with nine in intensive care. The county reported one more fatality, bringing the death toll here to 2,011 people.
• The Accabonac Protection Committee holds a Zoom forum this evening at 6 p.m. on important environmental issues surrounding our local bays. Here’s more info.
• The Southampton Arts Center is hosting a film screening of “No Boundaries,” a film about the writer Peter Matthiessen, as a benefit for the new Peter Matthiessen Center at the author’s former home in Bridgehampton, on Sunday, Sept. 20. Here are more details.
• The Ecological Culture Initiative in Hampton Bays is hosting a socially distanced fall equinox organic farm to table dinner next Tuesday, Sept. 22 at St. Joseph’s Villa. Here are more details.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:24 a.m., 9:46 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:32 a.m., 8:54 p.m.
Greenport: 10:01 a.m., 10:23 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:02 a.m., 11:22 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:56 a.m., 10:18 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:23 a.m., 11:45 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:30 a.m., 11:52 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:42 a.m., 8:56 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:51 a.m., 7:05 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:10 a.m., 10:32 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:18 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
Greenport: 10:47 a.m., 11:09 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:49 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:42 a.m., 11:04 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:09 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:16 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:29 a.m., 9:44 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:38 a.m., 7:53 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.