This Morning’s Bulletin — 9.17.19
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 72 degrees and a north wind 6 to 10 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 50. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 68, and Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 69.
• Long Island’s Fifth Annual Car Free Day is this Friday, Sept. 20, and new Suffolk County-sponsored bikeshare program in Hampton Bays, Patchogue and Babylon is also offering a free try-out of its system for the day. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Riverhead Town Supervisor Laura Jens-Smith is inviting volunteers from throughout Riverhead to descend on the Riverhead Train Station on Sept. 28 at 8:30 a.m. for a seasonal cleanup of the area, planting, digging and sweeping up the town’s transportation hub.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss a potential Montauk beach erosion taxing district, the Lake Montauk harbor feasibility study and a review of the town’s septic rebate incentive program at its 10 a.m. work session this morning at town hall. More details are online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will hold a special meeting to discuss the town’s preliminary 2020 budget this afternoon at 1 p.m., followed by a work session to discuss this year’s shellfish seeding agreement, a dog law and site plan review. The agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold a special Community Development Agency meeting this evening at 6 p.m. to extend the license agreement on the Henry Pfeifer Community Center at EPCAL to East End Disability Associates, Inc., followed by a regular meeting at which they will hold public hearings on alleged blighted conditions at a property on West Main Street and on changes to the town code regarding commercial solar energy production facilities.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:24 a.m., 12:45 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:53 a.m.
Greenport: 1:01 a.m., 1:22 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:49 a.m., 2:03 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:56 a.m., 1:17 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:23 a.m., 2:44 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:30 a.m., 2:51 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:34 a.m., 11:54 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:43 a.m., 10:03 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:04 a.m., 1:24 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:12 a.m., 12:32 p.m.
Greenport: 1:41 a.m., 2:01 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:27 a.m., 2:39 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:36 a.m., 1:56 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:03 a.m., 3:23 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:10 a.m., 3:30 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:07 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:16 a.m., 10:43 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.