• It will be partly sunny today, with a high temperature near 68 degrees and a northeast wind 11 to 16 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 45 degrees. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 69, and Friday will be sunny, with a high near 75.
• The New York State Energy Research & Development Agency is holding an open house on the future of offshore wind power in New York State this evening from 7 to 9 p.m. at Southampton High School, 141 Narrow Lane in Southampton. All are welcome to attend.
• Friday the 13th was a lucky day for Peconic Bay Medical Center in Riverhead, which received a historically generous gift of $10 million from the PBMC Foundation’s chairwoman, Emilie Roy Corey, and her husband Michael at the hospital’s annual Benefit in Black & White at the Westhampton Country Club. More details are online here.
• The Eastern Region Helicopter Council has agreed to a public forum on helicopter noise on October 1 at 6 p.m. at Riverhead Town Hall. Our full story is online here.
• Between the Lines columnist Tim Kelly muses this week on some recent shocking headlines concerning the North Fork.
• Looking ahead to next week, the Hampton Bays Civic Association has announced it will hold a forum with candidates for Southampton Town Supervisor and Southampton Town Board next Monday, Sept. 23 at 7 p.m. at the Hampton Bays Community Center at 25 Ponquogue Avenue. They will also host a debate between candidates for Suffolk County Legislature on Monday, Oct. 7.
• The 12th annual Hamptons Doc Fest opens its fall season this Sunday, Sept. 22 with the acclaimed documentary “Toni Morrison: The Pieces I Am,” about the life and works of the legendary African-American author, winner of Pulitzer and Nobel Prizes, who passed away on August 5. The film screens at Bay Street Theater at 5 p.m. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:04 a.m., 1:24 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:12 a.m., 12:32 p.m.
Greenport: 1:41 a.m., 2:01 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:27 a.m., 2:39 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:36 a.m., 1:56 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:03 a.m., 3:23 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:10 a.m., 3:30 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:07 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:16 a.m., 10:43 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:46 a.m., 2:03 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:54 a.m., 1:11 p.m.
Greenport: 2:23 a.m., 2:40 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:09 a.m., 3:20 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:18 a.m., 2:35 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:45 a.m., 4:02 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:52 a.m., 4:09 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:34 a.m., 12:45 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:54 a.m., 11:29 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.