• We’re expecting mostly cloudy skies today, with a high near 73 degrees and a north wind 6 to 10 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 59. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 71, and Friday will be partly sunny, with a high near 73.
• Suffolk County Vector Control is planning to spray the following East End areas with the mosquito larvicides Bti and Methoprene today through Friday between the hours of 6 a.m. and 8 p.m.: Jagger Lane, Apacuck Point, Westhampton Dunes and Dune Road (Overton) in Southampton Town; Napeague in East Hampton Town; Pier Avenue in Jamesport in Riverhead Town and New Suffolk, Great Hog Neck, Kerwin Boulevard, Pipes Neck Creek and Pipes Cove in Southold Town. For more information, contact 631.852.4270.
• Southampton Town has announced a new housing lottery for 15 affordable homes at Southampton Pointe on Village Green Drive off County Road 39 in Southampton. More details are online here.
• Beacon columnist Dave Davis discusses one family’s journey toward understanding the importance of inclusion in the lives of people with disabilities in his September column.
• The Hampton Bays Civic Association will hold a town hall forum with candidates for Congress and County Comptroller next Monday, Sept. 24 at 7 p.m. in the Hampton Bays Community Center on Ponquogue Avenue. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here.
• The North Fork Environmental Council is holding a seminar on “Assessing Vegetation for Impacts from Deer” next Saturday, Sept. 29 from 9 a.m. to noon at Inlet Pond County Park in Greenport. Participants will learn how to ID important wildflowers and local trees and recognize evidence of deer impacts, re-visiting their study plots annually to collect ongoing data. Registration is required — more details are here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:39 a.m., 7:02 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:47 a.m., 6:10 p.m.
Greenport: 7:16 a.m., 7:39 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:56 a.m., 8:17 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:11 a.m., 7:34 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:38 a.m., 9:01 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:45 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:23 a.m., 5:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:32 a.m., 3:55 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:29 a.m., 7:49 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:37 a.m., 6:57 p.m.
Greenport: 8:06 a.m., 8:26 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:49 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:01 a.m., 8:21 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:28 a.m., 9:48 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:35 a.m., 9:55 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:20 a.m., 6:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:29 a.m., 4:49 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.