• It will be mostly cloudy today, with a high near 79 degrees and a 50 percent chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 3 p.m. The wind will be out of the southeast at 13 to 16 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 28 mph. There’s a 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight, with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 66. We’re expecting showers and possibly a thunderstorm Friday, mostly before 3 p.m., with a high near 76. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 74.
• A retired doctor and philanthropist has donated $1 million to the Emergency Department at Peconic Bay Medical Center, to be put toward a dedicated space for critical care and trauma needs. This will be the first step in an impending phased expansion and renovation of the hospital’s emergency department. Read More.
• The Riverhead Town Board is slated to discuss a proposed addition to the Suffolk Theater, special events permits at EPCAL and the Riverhead Charter School and the police department’s monthly crime report at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss a proposed cultural resources protection overlay district, the South Fork Commuter Connection and beach parking management systems at its 11 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and here’s where to view the meeting live.
• The Sag Harbor American Music Festival begins today and runs through Sunday, Sept. 26. Here’s more info.
• Entries are now open for the annual 10×10=100 Art Show & Sale to benefit WLIW FM and CAST at the VSOP Gallery in Greenport, which will be held on Saturday, Dec. 4. Participants are provided with a 10×10 inch board on which to paint works that will be sold for $100 apiece to benefit the public radio station and community support agency. Here’s how to enter.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:01 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:09 a.m., 11:32 p.m.
Greenport: 12:17 a.m., 12:38 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:19 a.m., 1:34 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:12 a.m., 12:33 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:39 a.m., 2 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:46 a.m., 2:07 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:15 a.m., 11:34 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:24 a.m., 9:43 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:24 a.m., 12:45 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:53 a.m.
Greenport: 1:01 a.m., 1:22 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2 a.m., 2:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:56 a.m., 1:17 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:23 a.m., 2:44 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:30 a.m., 2:51 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:54 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:03 a.m., 10:26 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.