• We’re expecting showers today, mainly before 2 p.m., with a high near 72 degrees and a southwest wind 11 to 14 miles per hour. Showers may continue overnight and into Wednesday morning, gradually clearing, with a high Wednesday near 68. Showers are also likely, along with possible thunderstorms, on Thursday, when the high will be near 70 degrees.
• The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will be holding public hearings on the long-awaited Fire Island to Montauk Point Study today, Tuesday, Sept. 27 at Stony Brook Southampton and tomorrow, Sept. 28 at the Montauk Playhouse. Both meetings will begin at 6 p.m. More information is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss short-term rentals an a film permit authorization at their 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will host public hearings on a deed of dedication from the Westhampton Beach Fire District and an open space grant in connection with a subdivision on Lumber Lane in Bridgehampton at their 6 p.m. meeting tonight. Their full agenda is online here.
• Award-winning New York City cabaret artist Valerie diLorenzo will deliver a tribute to the music of Stephen Sondheim in a free JDTLab performance at Guild Hall in East Hampton tonight at 7:30 p.m. More information is online here.
• Southampton Town has announced its Human Services and Cultural Arts and Recreational grant programs are now accepting applications for 2017. The grants are available to certified 501(c) organizations that provide services to Southampton Town residents. Applications are due Nov. 13. More information is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 7:41 a.m., 8:06 p.m.
Orient: 8:42 a.m., 9:07 p.m.
Greenport: 9:10 a.m., 9:35 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 9:05 a.m., 9:30 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 10:32 a.m., 10:57 p.m.
S. JPT: 10:39 a.m., 11:04 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:59 a.m., 6:15 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 8:22 a.m., 8:46 p.m.
Orient: 9:23 a.m., 9:47 p.m.
Greenport: 9:51 a.m., 10:15 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 9:46 a.m., 10:10 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 11:13 a.m., 11:37 p.m.
S. JPT: 11:20 a.m., 11:44 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:45 a.m., 6:58 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.