• Today will be sunny, with a high near 68 degrees and a north wind 8 to 11 miles per hour. There’s a 40 percent chance of showers overnight and into early Saturday, with a low around 53. Saturday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 67, and Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 68.
• The Southold Town Democrats host the grand opening of their campaign office at 46770 Route 48 in Southold tomorrow, Sept. 30 at 10 a.m. All are welcome to attend to learn more about getting involved with this fall’s campaign.
• The Seventh Annual San Gennaro Feast of the Hamptons begins tonight in Hampton Bays, with a kickoff concert under the big tent on Good Ground Road tonight from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. The festival continues through the weekend, with a parade and fireworks tomorrow, and music, street food and vendors and carnival rides throughout Saturday and Sunday.
• The Southampton Cultural Center hosts a Latin Dance Party on Saturday evening, Sept. 30, from 8 to 10 p.m. The family-friendly event, designed to highlight the Cultural Center’s new dance programs, is designed to teach you the latest Latin Dance moves. Tickets are $15 for adults, $5 for young adults ages 10-18 and free for children under 10.
• Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor hosts a hurricane relief benefit concert for victims of recent storms in the Caribbean, Florida and Texas this Sunday, Oct. 1 from 4 to 6 p.m. The HooDoo Loungers, The Lone Sharks and other local bands are slated to perform. Tickets are a suggested donation of $20 for adults or $10 for kids.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
• The Beacon’s October print edition hits newsstands this weekend. Pick it up at one of these retailers in your neighborhood, or subscribe online here. You’ll find many stories in our print edition before you find them online here!
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:46 a.m., 6:09 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:54 a.m., 5:17 p.m.
Greenport: 6:23 a.m., 6:46 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:54 a.m., 7:13 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:18 a.m., 6:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:45 a.m., 8:08 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:52 a.m., 8:15 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:30 a.m., 2:50 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:41 a.m., 7 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:49 a.m., 6:08 p.m.
Greenport: 7:18 a.m., 7:37 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:49 a.m., 8:08 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:13 a.m., 7:32 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:40 a.m., 8:59 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:47 a.m., 9:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:25 a.m., 3:45 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.