• We’re expecting a 20 percent chance of showers before noon today, but otherwise the day will start out mostly cloudy, gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 77 and a north wind 13 to 15 miles per hour. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 46. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 70, and Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 67.
• We recently sent our green correspondent, Glenn Jochum, off to become an Audubon Society Bird Ambassador, where he learned how to help the world understand how the changing climate is affecting birds’ lives. Read his account of the experience.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss the BID’s 2018 budget and events, wayfinding signs, a multi-jurisdictional hazard mitigation plan and the town’s tentative 2018 budget at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold a special meeting to unveil Town Supervisor Jay Schneiderman’s proposed 2018 budget at 10 a.m. this morning in town hall. The full agenda for the meetings is online here.
• East End Arts’ Winners Show opens this evening from 5 to 7 p.m. at their downtown Riverhead gallery. This exhibit features the work of best in show artists from 2016 juried East End Arts Gallery shows.
• The “Out of the Question” discussion series with Warren Strugatch at Southampton Arts Center continues this evening at 7 p.m. with a discussion with local business owners titled “How’s Business?” More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:44 a.m., 5:10 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:52 a.m., 4:18 p.m.
Greenport: 5:21 a.m., 5:47 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:57 a.m., 6:16 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:16 a.m., 5:42 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:43 a.m., 7:09 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:50 a.m., 7:16 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:37 a.m., 1:57 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:46 a.m., 6:09 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:54 a.m., 5:17 p.m.
Greenport: 6:23 a.m., 6:46 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:54 a.m., 7:13 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:18 a.m., 6:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:45 a.m., 8:08 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:52 a.m., 8:15 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:30 a.m., 2:50 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.