This Morning’s Bulletin — 9.6.22
• We’re expecting rain today, with a high temperature near 74 degrees and a southeast wind 5 to 10 miles per hour, with new precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible. Showers will continue overnight, with a low around 63. There’s a 50 percent chance of showers Wednesday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 75. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 78 and a 20 percent chance of showers before 2 p.m.
• The Suffolk County Water Authority has extended its month-old water emergency alert due to “persistent severe drought conditions” on the East End, and is asking all residents to continue to refrain from non-essential water usage and stop all irrigation between midnight and 7 a.m. Read More.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss gas main replacement, house size legislation and an update on the solar project on the town animal shelter at their 9 a.m. work session this morning. There are no public hearings scheduled for the board’s 7 p.m. regular meeting this evening. Here’s the agenda for both meetings, here’s the Zoom login for the morning work session, and here’s the login for the evening meeting.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss Lake Montauk Inlet dredging and emergency communications at its 11 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• Suffolk County reported 318 new cases of Covid-19 on Saturday, Sept. 3, with 7.6 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 204 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 45 percent of them hospitalized due to Covid and 22 of them in ICU. The county reported no new fatalities and the death toll stands at 4,563 people since March of 2020.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes across the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:43 a.m., 7:14 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:51 a.m., 6:22 p.m.
Greenport: 7:20 a.m., 7:51 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:12 a.m., 8:36 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:15 a.m., 7:46 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:42 a.m., 9:13 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:49 a.m., 9:20 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:43 a.m., 6:15 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:52 a.m., 4:24 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:40 a.m., 8:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:48 a.m., 7:16 p.m.
Greenport: 8:17 a.m., 8:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:14 a.m., 9:37 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:12 a.m., 8:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:39 a.m., 10:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:46 a.m., 10:14 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:52 a.m., 7:19 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:01 a.m., 5:28 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.