This Morning’s Bulletin — 9.7.22
• We’re expecting a 40 percent chance of showers today, with cloudy skies, a high temperature near 74 degrees and a northeast wind around 14 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 60 and a 20 percent chance of showers. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 79, and Friday will be sunny, with a high near 80.
• Celebrations of the twin ports on the Twin Forks are returning this month to Sag Harbor and Greenport, beginning with Sag Harbor’s HarborFest this weekend. Read more in our sister publication, The Peconic Bathtub.
• The Riverhead Town Board holds public hearings on a blighted property at 330 Baywood Drive in Calverton and on changes to regulations regarding the display of seasonal parking permits at its 2 p.m. meeting this afternoon. Here’s the agenda, here’s how to log in via Zoom, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• Our Peconic Dish columnist, Alison Boyd-Savage, has some great recipes for late summer corn, zucchini and cherry tomato dishes to share with us this week, just in time for local summer.
• The Hampton Theatre Company will be holding auditions for two roles in “Over the River and Through the Woods” by Joe DiPietro, by appointment only for non-union performers this evening from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Quogue Community Hall, 125 Jessup Avenue, Quogue, NY 11959. The production runs Oct. 20 through Nov. 6. Available roles are: Nick Cristano: Italian-American young professional in his late 20s to early 30s and Caitlin O’Hare: Attractive and charming, in her late 20s. Contact director George Loizides at email@example.com to set up an appointment.
• Peconic Landing in Greenport is sponsoring a team to walk in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s at the Suffolk County Farm on Saturday, Sept. 24 from 9 a.m. to noon. For more information, visit peconiclanding.org/event/walk-to-end-alzheimers.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:40 a.m., 8:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:48 a.m., 7:16 p.m.
Greenport: 8:17 a.m., 8:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:14 a.m., 9:37 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:12 a.m., 8:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:39 a.m., 10:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:46 a.m., 10:14 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:52 a.m., 7:19 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:01 a.m., 5:28 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:31 a.m., 8:58 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:39 a.m., 8:06 p.m.
Greenport: 9:08 a.m., 9:35 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:11 a.m., 10:34 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:03 a.m., 9:30 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:30 a.m., 10:57 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:37 a.m., 11:04 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:52 a.m., 8:15 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:01 a.m., 6:24 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.