This Morning’s Bulletin — 11.8.19
Pictured Above: Memories of a better season.
• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 40 degrees but wind chill values between 25 and 30, with a northwest wind 17 to 23 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 21. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 44, and Sunday will be partly sunny, with a high near 54.
• The little National Public Radio station that could in Southampton is on its way to becoming part of a major metropolitan public broadcasting company. Peconic Public Broadcasting, WPPB, at 88.3 on the FM dial, is in contract to be sold to WNET, the Manhattan-based owners of the PBS television stations Thirteen and WLIW21. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Mattituck American Legion along with the North Fork Scouts will be placing flags on the graves of veterans in local cemeteries in Mattituck and Cutchogue, honoring these veterans who have served our country tomorrow, Nov. 9, beginning at 10 a.m. at the Cutchogue Historical Cemetery (Old Burying Ground). Members of the public are encouraged to attend. More details are online here. The Beacon’s full list of Veterans Day parades and events is online here. If you have an event that is not listed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make sure to include you.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge holds its annual Autumn Reflections on Nature community poetry reading Saturday afternoon at 4 p.m. More details are online here.
• Southold’s Custer Institute holds its annual lecture on buying your first telescope on Saturday at 7 p.m. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:53 a.m., 7:10 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:01 a.m., 6:18 p.m.
Greenport: 7:30 a.m., 7:47 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:12 a.m., 8:36 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:25 a.m., 7:42 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:52 a.m., 9:09 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:59 a.m., 9:16 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:52 a.m., 6:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:01 a.m., 4:15 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:32 a.m., 7:50 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:40 a.m., 6:58 p.m.
Greenport: 8:09 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:55 a.m., 9:19 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:04 a.m., 8:22 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:31 a.m., 9:49 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:38 a.m., 9:56 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:36 a.m., 6:51
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.