• We’re expecting increasing clouds today, with a high temperature near 45 degrees and a northeast wind 5 to 7 miles per hour, becoming east in the afternoon. We’re expecting rain tonight, mainly after 8 p.m., with a low around 36. We’re expecting rain Thursday, with a high near 50 and new precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible. Skies will clear on Friday, with a high near 56.
• Lack of things for youth to do and the perception that downtown Riverhead is not safe topped concerns of residents asked Monday evening to envision the future of downtown Riverhead ,at the first of three community input sessions on how to spend $10 million in downtown revitalization grants. Read More.
• In this month’s Climate Local Now: Drawdown Tips for Our Climate Future: Start From Your Place. Do What Lights You Up. Read More.
• The newly formed Southold Peconic Civic Association will hold its first membership meeting tomorrow, March 24 at 6:30 p.m. at the Southold Recreation Center at 970 Peconic Lane in Peconic. All are welcome to attend.
• The Peconic Land Trust is asking for the community’s feedback as they plan for their future goals. Here’s how to participate in the survey.
• Suffolk County reported 46 new cases of Covid-19 on Monday, March 21, with 1.4 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 64 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 11 of them in ICU. The county reported no new fatalities from the virus, and the death toll here stands at 4,358 people.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:02 a.m., 2:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:10 a.m., 1:42 p.m.
Greenport: 2:39 a.m., 3:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:33 a.m., 4:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:34 a.m., 3:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:01 a.m., 4:33 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:08 a.m., 4:40 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:15 a.m., 1:45 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:54 a.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:02 a.m., 3:37 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:10 a.m., 2:45 p.m.
Greenport: 3:39 a.m., 4:14 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:30 a.m., 5:14 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:34 a.m., 4:09 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:01 a.m., 5:36 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:08 a.m., 5:43 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:13 a.m., 2:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:22 a.m., 12:56 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.