Many high school students are in the midst of Regents exam week, and the New York State Board of Education will be allowing districts to reschedule the tests if schools are closed for test days. Please check with your local district for rescheduled exams.
• Riverhead Central School District’s K-4 schools will go home at noon Monday. There will be no p.m. Pre-K. The Pulaski, Middle and High schools will dismiss at their regular times Monday. There will be no after-school activities Monday or Tuesday. All Riverhead schools will be closed Tuesday.
• Shelter Island has cancelled after school activities Monday and the school will be closed Tuesday.
• The Mattituck Junior/Senior High School will dismiss students at 12:15 p.m. and Cutchogue East will dismiss at 1:15 p.m. Monday. School and all activities will be closed Tuesday. In addition, Mattituck-Cutchogue has decided to hold classes this Fri., Jan. 30, which had been a work day for faculty only. Mattituck, which is in the midst of midterm week, will roll Wednesday’s classes forward to Thursday and Thursday’s classes forward to Friday if they decide to cancel school Wednesday.
• Amagansett is sending students home at 11:30 a.m. Monday and has cancelled school for Tuesday.
• Montauk is releasing students at 11:30 a.m.(pre-K at 11 a.m.) Monday and will be closed Tuesday.
• In Hampton Bays, high school afternoon exams/Regents are cancelled Monday. The middle school will close at noon and all students will eat lunch before dismissal. The elementary school will be dismissed at 12:45 p.m. Afternoon Pre-K is cancelled and all after school activities are cancelled. The school will be closed Tuesday.
• The Westhampton Beach Middle School and High School will dismiss at 12 noon Monday, and the Elementary School will dismiss at 1:00 p.m. All after-school and evening activities, including We Care and Winter Recreation are cancelled. Monday’s Board of Education meeting is also cancelled.
• Pierson Middle/High School students in Sag Harbor will be dismissed at noon and Elementary students will be dismissed at 12:45 p.m. Monday. There will be no afternoon Pre-K. All sports, SHAEP, after-school and evening activities are cancelled for Monday.The Board of Education Meeting scheduled for Monday evening has been rescheduled to Mon., Feb. 2, 2015. All Sag Harbor Schools will be closed and all sports, SHAEP, after-school, and evening activities are cancelled for Tuesday.
• East Hampton High School will send students home at 1 p.m. Monday, East Hampton Middle School will send students home at 1:15 p.m., and the John Marshall Elementary School is sending students home at 1:45 p.m. East Hampton has cancelled all classes and activities for Tuesday.
• Springs School students will be dismissed at 11:30 a.m. Monday. All after-school activities at Springs School and the pre-k are cancelled. There will be no Project Most today. Springs School and the Pre-K at Holy Trinity Church will be closed all day Tuesday.
• The Greenport School is dismissing students at 12:30 p.m. Monday. All afternoon and evening activities are cancelled (including any state Regents exams). The Rec center will remain open today. The school will be closed Tuesday and the district is asking families to stay tuned for information concerning whether there will be school Wednesday.
• The Oysterponds School in Orient will close at 1 p.m. Monday and will be closed all day Tuesday.
• The East Quogue School is sending students home at 1 p.m. Monday.
• The Tuckahoe School is dismissing students at 1 p.m. Monday. There will be no after-school activites and all school classes and activities are closed for Tuesday.
• The Peconic Community School will close at 1 p.m. Monday and will be closed all day Tuesday.
• The East Hampton School District has cancelled Tuesday night’s budget workshop.
• The Cutchogue-New Suffolk Library will be closing at 1:00 p.m. Monday. All programs and classes are cancelled.
• East End post offices will close at 3 p.m. Monday and are expected to be closed all day Tuesday.
• The Town of Riverhead Recreation programs have been canceled Monday evening and Tuesday. The Riverhead Anti-Bias Task Force meeting scheduled for 5:30 p.m. Monday has also been cancelled. Garbage pickup in Riverhead on Tuesday has been suspended. Residents who normally have Tuesday pick-up can put their trash out on Friday. Riverhead’s Senior Center will remain open Monday but will be closed Tuesday. The Town Meals on Wheels program will be delivering extra meals today as deliveries will not be made on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.
* All Southold Town Offices will be closing at 2:45 p.m. Monday. The offices will also be closed the entire day Tuesday. All Southold Town-related meetings and activities are also cancelled Monday and Tuesday.
•All locations of the Blue Duck Bakery will be closing at 3 p.m. Monday and will be CLOSED on Tuesday. Load up on bread today!
We’ll update this post with any further cancellations. If you have any to share, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave the information in the comments section below. Thank you!