• The Southampton Historical Museum has unveiled its series of events for its 375th Anniversary this year, beginning this Thursday night, Jan. 22, with a lecture on the history of North Sea at Rogers Memorial Library. More information is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss airport noise and its long-languishing truck legislation at its 10 a.m. work session today at town hall. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southold Town Board will erosion, FEMA’s road-end proposals, a digital inventory of offsite resources for the Southold Indian Museum and a historic preservation district legislation proposal at their 9:30 a.m. work session. Their evening meeting will be at 7:30 p.m. No public hearings are scheduled. The agenda for both meetings is online here.
• Riverhead Town will hold its regular town board meeting tonight at 7 p.m. but their agenda is not yet available online. When it is available, it will be here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss draft laws on pool filters and dock ownership at their 1 p.m. work session today. Their full agenda is online here.
• A light snow is in the forecast for Wednesday night on the East End, though it will likely snow more on the west end of the East End as the edge of the storm veers to the south and west of Long Island, according to the National Weather Service. Riverhead has a 60 percent chance of receiving “less than one inch of snow.”
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.