This Morning’s Bulletin — 3.9.18
• We’re expecting isolated snow showers after 9 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 42 degrees, a west wind 11 to 18 miles per hour, and wind chill values between 15 and 25. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 29. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 44, and Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 43.
• As Suffolk County prepares today to announce new surveillance measures to make schools safer, the Suffolk County School Superintendents Association shares its take on what should be done with us this week. Read their Viewpoint online here.
• Greenport’s Floyd Memorial Library at 539 First Street will host a community conversation on high lead levels in Greenport tomorrow, Saturday, March 10 at 10 a.m. Experts in Environmental Services will be on hand to respond to community concerns. All are welcome. Call 631.477.0660 for more information.
• The Mattituck Fire Department at 1000 Pike Street in Mattituck will hold a community Blood Drive tomorrow, March 10, from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Harley Davidson of Riverhead at 1570 Old Country Road will also hold a Blood Drive tomorrow from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• The East End’s community theaters are deep into rehearsals for three intense shows opening in March, including North Fork Community Theatre’s “You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown,” which opened last night, and Center Stage’s “Beauty and the Beast,” which opens tonight. Read our preview online here.
• St. Patrick’s Day parades kick off tomorrow in Amagansett, Westhampton Beach and Cutchogue, and continue in Hampton Bays, Jamesport and Montauk on the weekend of March 24. Get the details in our full St. Patrick’s Day parade listings.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in The Beacon’s Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:20 a.m., 3:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:28 a.m., 3:03 p.m.
Greenport: 3:57 a.m., 4:32 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:39 a.m., 5:17 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:52 a.m., 4:27 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:19 a.m., 5:54 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:26 a.m., 6:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:28 a.m., 12:53 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:25 a.m., 4:59 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:33 a.m., 4:07 p.m.
Greenport: 5:02 a.m., 5:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:37 a.m., 6:16 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:57 a.m., 5:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:24 a.m., 6:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:31 a.m., 7:05 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:19 a.m., 1:48 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.