This Morning’s Bulletin — 1.20.17
• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 45 degrees and a calm wind becoming northeast around 5 miles per hour. Rain is likely before 9 p.m. this evening, tapering off overnight, with a steady temperature around 38. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 52, and Sunday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 45 and a 50 percent chance of rain after 10 a.m.
• Two new plays are opening on the East End this weekend — “Almost, Maine” at the North Fork Community Theatre and “The Money Shot” at Southampton Cultural Center. Stay tuned throughout the weekend for our reviews of both productions.
• Author Chris Verga will discuss “Civil Rights on Long Island” at a Suffolk County Historical Museum Book & Bottle lecture tomorrow, Jan. 21 at 1 p.m. More details are online here. [$5/Members Free]
• Investigative reporter Isabel Vincent, a veteran of several lawsuits and First Amendment challenges, will give a talk titled “Is the First Amendment Under Siege” this Sunday, Jan. 22 at 2 p.m. at the Quogue Library. More details are online here. [Free]
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend and in the weeks ahead. Find out all the details on musical performances, lectures, art openings, films, group hikes and other activities in our Events Calendar.
• Looking ahead to next week, the Southold Anti-Bias Task Force, Southold Town and Greenport Village are hosting “Synergy Greenport,” an open and respectful conversation between the Southold Town Police and the community on Monday, Jan. 23 from 6 to 7:30 at St. Agnes School. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 3 a.m., 3:26 p.m.
Orient: 4:01 a.m., 4:27 p.m.
Greenport: 4:29 a.m., 4:55 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 4:24 a.m., 4:50 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 5:51 a.m., 6:17 p.m.
S. JPT: 5:58 a.m., 6:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1 a.m., 1:11 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 3:59 a.m., 4:26 p.m.
Orient: 5 a.m., 5:27 p.m.
Greenport: 5:28 a.m., 5:55 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 5:23 a.m., 5:50 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 6:50 a.m., 7:17 p.m.
S. JPT: 6:57 a.m., 7:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:49 a.m., 2:03 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.