• There’s a 40 percent chance of snow showers before 3 p.m. today, with skies clearing throughout the day and a high temperature near 38 degrees, with a northwest wind 7 to 12 miles per hour, increasing to 17 to 22 mph in the afternoon. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 21. There’s a chance of flurries early Thursday, with skies clearing throughout the day and a high near 39. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 41.
• As East Hampton prepares the final agreements to allow the South Fork Wind Farm cable to come ashore in Wainscott, the future of offshore wind off Long Island’s coast has become much more crowded. Two massive offshore wind farms with more than 90 turbines each, to be built by the firm Equinor, received approval from New York State in early January. Here’s The Beacon’s full story.
• New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has again announced plans to legalize the recreational use of marijuana by adults in the state. Here’s more.
• Suffolk County reported 1,293 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Tuesday, with 8.4 percent of people tested testing positive. There are currently 862 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 143 of them in ICU, with 21 percent of Suffolk hospital beds currently available. The county reported 14 new deaths from the virus on Tuesday, bringing the death toll here to 2,603 people.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets at 2 p.m. today. Here’s the agenda for the regular meeting, and here’s the agenda for the Community Development Agency meeting, to be held as part of the town board meeting, in which the town will finalize bond requirements for the town square project on East Main Street and appoint this year’s members and officers of the CDA. Here’s how to log in to the Zoom meeting, or if you don’t wish to participate you can watch live here.
• There are two East End blood drives being held tomorrow from noon to 6 p.m., at the Greenport American Legion at 102 3rd Street in Greenport, and at Suite 301 at the Tanger Outlets in Riverhead. Here’s how to sign up.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:04 a.m., 3:24 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:12 a.m., 2:32 p.m.
Greenport: 3:41 a.m., 4:01 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:22 a.m., 4:51 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:36 a.m., 3:56 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:03 a.m., 5:23 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:10 a.m., 5:30 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:06 a.m., 2:19 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:15 a.m., 12:28 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:02 a.m., 4:25 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:10 a.m., 3:33 p.m.
Greenport: 4:39 a.m., 5:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:13 a.m., 5:47 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:34 a.m., 4:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:01 a.m., 6:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:08 a.m., 6:31 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:51 a.m., 3:08 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1 a.m., 1:17 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.