• There’s a 30 percent chance of showers after 3 p.m., with increasing clouds throughout the day and a high temperature near 78 degrees. The wind will be out of the southwest at 6 to 15 miles per hour. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 73, and Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 74.
• There’s a high risk of rip currents at ocean beaches through this evening, according to the National Weather Service.
• Southampton Town has announced it has set a vote on a proposed Village of East Quogue for Thursday, Oct. 17 from noon to 9 p.m., at the East Quogue Elementary School at 6 Central Avenue, in East Quogue.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss sound attenuation fencing at Stop & Shop on Route 58, traffic, a special permit application at 331 East Main Street and downtown code and policing issues at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. The full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss board members’ projects at its 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Its full agenda is online here.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge plays host to a film screening of “Green Fire: Aldo Leopold and a Land Ethic For Our Time” this evening at 7 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Bridgehampton Fire Department at 64 School Street in Bridgehampton has announced it will hold a pancake breakfast fundraiser this Sunday, Sept. 29 from 7 a.m. to noon. The menu will include pancakes, eggs, sausage and bacon and gluten-free pancakes will be available. Tickets are $12 for adults, $6 for children (3-12) and children under 3 eat for free. There will also be a 50-50 raffle available at the door.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:10 a.m., 8:35 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:18 a.m., 7:43 p.m.
Greenport: 8:47 a.m., 9:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:45 a.m., 10:08 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:42 a.m., 9:07 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:09 a.m., 10:34 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:16 a.m., 10:41 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:27 a.m., 7:45 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:36 a.m., 5:54 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:58 a.m., 9:24 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:06 a.m., 8:32 p.m.
Greenport: 9:35 a.m., 10:01 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:37 a.m., 11:01 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:30 a.m., 9:56 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:57 a.m., 11:23 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:04 a.m., 11:30 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:21 a.m., 8:39 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:30 a.m., 6:48 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.