• We’re expecting a 30 percent chance of showers today, mainly before 4 p.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a high temperature near 45 degrees, with a west wind 8 to 17 miles per hour. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers this evening, mainly before 10 p.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 31. Saturday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 39, and Sunday will be cloudy, with a high near 46 and a 40 percent chance of rain after 1 p.m.
• The Southold-Peconic Civic Association will discuss the results of a recent survey on community priorities at their meeting tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. at the Peconic Lane Recreation Center. Here’s more info. The Heart of Riverhead Civic Association will also hold its association elections and set priorities for the year at its meeting this Saturday at 11 a.m. at the Riverhead Free Library. All are welcome.
• CAST in Southold hosts its first coffeehouse with a night of storytelling about social justice at their headquarters at 53930 Main Road in Southold tomorrow evening, Jan. 21 at 7 p.m. Here’s more info.
• “Ripcord” opens at the North Fork Community Theatre, 12700 Old Sound Ave., Mattituck this evening, with showtimes 8 p.m. Fridays & Saturdays and 2:30 p.m. Sundays through Feb. 5. In the play, a sunny room on an upper floor is prime real estate in the Bristol Place Senior Living Facility, so when the cantankerous Abby is forced to share her quarters with new-arrival Marilyn, she has no choice but to get rid of the infuriatingly chipper woman by any means necessary. Tickets are $30 and are available at nfct.com.
• An Opening Reception for “Horizon,” a multimedia non-juried member’s show, will be held Saturday from 4 to 7 p.m at East End Arts Gallery, 133 East Main Street in Riverhead. The exhibit explores “the theme of the horizontal — highlighting the illusion of depth and space this eye line generates. More info is at eastendarts.org.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:03 a.m., 8:28 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:11 a.m., 7:36 p.m.
Greenport: 8:40 a.m., 9:05 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:35 a.m., 10:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:35 a.m., 9 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:02 a.m., 10:27 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:09 a.m., 10:34 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:18 a.m., 7:48 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:27 a.m., 5:57 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:55 a.m., 9:20 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:03 a.m., 8:28 p.m.
Greenport: 9:32 a.m., 9:57 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:30 a.m., 11:04 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:27 a.m., 9:52 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:54 a.m., 11:19 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:01 a.m., 11:26 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:12 a.m., 8:41 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:21 a.m., 6:50 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.