• We’re expecting a 40 percent chance of rain before 10 a.m. today, with skies gradually clearing and a high temperature near 46. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 25. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 47. We’re expecting rain on Saturday, with a high near 45.
• Here at Beacon headquarters, we’re starting 2019 in a place of great hope for the future of our region. Read our January editorial on the successes we’ve seen in the past year, and our hopes for the year ahead.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold its annual reorganization meeting this morning at 10 a.m.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets at 2 p.m. this afternoon. They are scheduled to hold a public hearing on increasing the highway superintendent salary by $20,000 to $114,803.
• Looking ahead to the weekend, Custer Institute in Southold hosts a lecture titled “Starting in Beekeeping,” presented by Master Bee Keeper Chris Kelly at 7 p.m. Admission is $5 and all are welcome to attend.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:40 a.m., 8:05 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:48 a.m., 7:13 p.m.
Greenport: 8:17 a.m., 8:42 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:11 a.m., 9:43 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:12 a.m., 8:37 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:39 a.m., 10:04 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:46 a.m., 10:11 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:52 a.m., 7:13 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:01 a.m., 5:22 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:23 a.m., 8:47 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:31 a.m., 7:55 p.m.
Greenport: 9 a.m., 9:24 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:56 a.m., 10:27 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:55 a.m., 9:19 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:22 a.m., 10:46 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:29 a.m., 10:53 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:37 a.m., 7:59 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:46 a.m., 6:08 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.