• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 42. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 32 and a 30 percent chance of rain and snow, mainly after 3 a.m. There’s a 30 percent chance of snow before 9 a.m. Saturday, switching to rain with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 43. Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge’s “Light the Night” winter trail walk, rescheduled from last weekend, will be held tomorrow, Feb. 1 from 5:30 to 8 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreational Center celebrates the start of Black History Month with a discussion on “Equality Matters in the Hamptons” with Kofi Appenteng, President of the Africa-America Institute tomorrow at 5:30 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Sag Harbor Cinema Arts Center’s Here Comes The Cinema series begins this Sunday at Bay Street Theatre with a screening of Edward Sedgwick & Buster Keaton’s “The Cameraman” at 2 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Ellen Hermanson Foundation’s “Tickled Pink” comedy benefit for breast health care services will be held next Saturday, Feb. 8 at LTV Studios in Wainscott. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:10 a.m., 2:25 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:18 a.m., 1:33 p.m.
Greenport: 2:47 a.m., 3:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:21 a.m., 3:46 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:42 a.m., 2:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:09 a.m., 4:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:16 a.m., 4:31 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:05 a.m., 1:19 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:28 a.m., 11:54 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:02 a.m., 3:21 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:10 a.m., 2:29 p.m.
Greenport: 3:39 a.m., 3:58 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:07 a.m., 4:39 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:34 a.m., 3:53 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:01 a.m., 5:20 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:08 a.m., 5:27 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:45 a.m., 2:03 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:12 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.