• There’s a 30 percent chance of light rain before 8 a.m., with patchy fog burning off around 8 a.m. Otherwise, skies will gradually clear throughout the day, with a high near 68 degrees and a northwest wind 16 to 25 miles per hour. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 41. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 59 and Sunday will be partly sunny, with a high near 69.
• The Sag Harbor Fire Department, at 1357 Brick Kiln Road in Sag Harbor will hold a community blood drive this afternoon and evening from 2 to 8 p.m. They’re urging everyone who can to come give blood.
• Stony Brook Eastern Long Island Hospital is holding a forum titled “Breast Health: What You Need to Know” this morning at 11 a.m. at the Southold Town Senior Services Center at 750 Pacific Street in Mattituck. All are welcome.
• Andrew Altieri from the University of Florida will present a lecture titled: “Life After Death on Caribbean Coral Reefs” in the Duke Lecture Hall of Chancellor’s Hall on the Stony Brook Southampton Campus this evening at 7:30 p.m. All are welcome.
• Poquatuck Hall on Village Lane in Orient will host an informational meeting about the newly-completed Southold Town Comprehensive Plan, hosted by the Southold Town Board and Southold Planning Board, on Saturday, Oct. 5 at 9 a.m. This presentation had originally been scheduled in August but had been postponed.
• On Monday, Oct. 7 at 7 p.m., The League of Woman Voters of the Hamptons is partnering with the Hampton Bays Civic Association for a debate between South Fork Suffolk County Legislator Bridget Fleming, a Democrat, and her opponent, former Republican Southampton Town Supervisor Linda Kabot. The debate will be held at the Hampton Bays Senior Center at 25 Ponquogue Ave. in Hampton Bays.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:41 a.m., 3:10 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:49 a.m., 2:18 p.m.
Greenport: 3:18 a.m., 3:47 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:16 a.m., 4:37 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:13 a.m., 3:42 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:40 a.m., 5:09 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:47 a.m., 5:16 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:54 a.m., 2:21 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:03 a.m., 12:30 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:45 a.m., 4:14 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:53 a.m., 3:22 p.m.
Greenport: 4:22 a.m., 4:51 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:15 a.m., 5:37 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:17 a.m., 4:46 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:44 a.m., 6:13 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:51 a.m., 6:20 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:51 a.m., 3:16 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1 a.m., 1:25 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.