• Today will be sunny, with a high near 35 degrees and a northeast wind 5 to 9 miles per hour, becoming southeast in the afternoon. It will be partly cloudy, with a low around 22. Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 41 and Saturday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 42 and a 30 percent chance of rain and snow before noon, changing to rain in the afternoon.
• The Southold Town Youth Bureau is hosting a sports equipment exchange this Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Peconic Lane Recreation Center. More details are online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss the town’s social media policy and town board member projects at its 10 a.m. work session this morning.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss the North Fork Health Initiative and loose leaf pickup at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Anti-Bias Task Force and the East Hampton Library will present “A Driver’s License for All” Informational Forum tomorrow at the East Hampton Library from 6 to 7:30 p.m. More details are online here.
• Tonight is the first night of the closing weekend of the North Fork Community Theatre’s production of “Picasso at the Lapin Angle,” a comedy written by Steve Martin in which Albert Einstein and Pablo Picasso meet in a Parisian café just before Einstein’s theory of relativity and Picasso’s art took the world by storm. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:21 a.m., 1:36 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:29 a.m., 12:44 p.m.
Greenport: 1:58 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:37 a.m., 2:59 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:53 a.m., 2:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:20 a.m., 3:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:27 a.m., 3:42 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:24 a.m., 12:36 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:45 a.m., 11:14 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:10 a.m., 2:25 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:18 a.m., 1:33 p.m.
Greenport: 2:47 a.m., 3:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:21 a.m., 3:46 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:42 a.m., 2:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:09 a.m., 4:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:16 a.m., 4:31 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:05 a.m., 1:19 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:28 a.m., 11:54 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.