• Today will be sunny, with a high near 85 degrees and a calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 miles per hour in the afternoon. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 66. Tomorrow will be mostly sunny, with a high near 88 and there’s a 20 percent chance of showers before 11 a.m. Friday, which otherwise will be mostly sunny, with a high near 79.
• Southold Town Supervisor Scott Russell announced yesterday that he will begin offering evening office hours to residents on Wednesdays from 6 to 9 p.m. beginning September 9th. “I realize that it is difficult for many residents to take time from their busy lives to come to Town Hall during normal business hours,” said the supervisor. “I’d like to make it as convenient as possible for residents to come talk to me directly with any questions or concerns that they may have.”
• After a successful weekend run in Greenport’s Mitchell Park this summer, the Jamesport Meeting House announced Tuesday that Northeast Stage’s production of William Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night will return for two performances at the Jamesport Meeting House on Saturday, September 5 at 2:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $15
• East End Hospice is hosting a preview of their Sept. 12 Box Art Auction today and tomorrow at East Hampton’s St. Luke’s Episcopal Church’s Hoie Hall from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. A reception will be held tonight from 5 to 7 p.m. More information is online here.
• Rhonda Denet will lend her rich, velvety voice to the greatest hits of the Motown era in a free outdoor concert at Southampton’s Agawam Park tonight at 6:30 p.m.
• Registration is now open for Shelter Island’s 16th Annual Fall 5K Run and 5K Walk on Sat., Oct. 17. The race starts at 11 a.m. Registration before Oct. 15 is $30 for adults and $10 for children 14 and under, and $40 on the day of the race.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.