• We’re expecting patchy fog before 10 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be sunny, with a high near 84 degrees and a north wind around 6 miles per hour, becoming southeast in the afternoon. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 63. Tomorrow will be sunny, with a high near 88 degrees, Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 87 and Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 82.
• The Coast Guard, along with all East End police departments involved in the search, suspended looking for a paraglider in the waters off of Robins Island at about 1:45 Monday afternoon, after no one was reported missing, and no other correlating information such as empty vehicles in parking lots was found throughout the East End, says Coast Guard Search & Rescue Controller Peter Winters of the Long Island Sound Sector.
• For the first time in the history of monitoring of lakes and pond across Suffolk County, 10 separate water bodies with blue-green algae blooms have been officially listed by the state Department of Environmental Conservation as of Aug. 31, 2015. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss a proposed code prohibiting basements in bedrooms, digitization of building department records and traffic and parking studies for downtown Montauk at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets at 2 p.m. this afternoon. There are no public hearings on the schedule for this meeting.
• The Peconic Estuary Program’s first Back to the Bays Labor Day 5K will be held this Saturday, Sept. 5 at 9 a.m. at Cedar Beach in Southold. You can learn more and register at BacktotheBays5K.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.