This Morning’s Bulletin — 10.12.16
• Today will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 66 degrees and a calm wind becoming east around 6 miles per hour in the morning. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 51. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers after 1 p.m. tomorrow, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 71. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 61 degrees.
• Southold Town’s boat ramps at Norman Klipp Park on Gull Pond in Greenport will be closed today, October 12, until further notice, due to construction. The town is advising boaters to plan accordingly.
• The New York State Department of Transportation is closing travel lanes along Route 114 in East Hampton between Montauk Highway and Stephen Hands Path, as they repair roadway drains and repave a two-mile section of the road. Work begins today and is expected to be done between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday, with possible night construction as well. The DOT is urging motorists to use alternate routes.
• The Southampton Town Citizen’s Advisory Committee-West has organized a discussion of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Fire Island to Montauk Point Reformulation Study at the Westhampton Free Library tonight at 7 p.m.
• The Riverhead Community Coalition for Safe and Drug-Free Youth is offering plenty of opportunities to safely dispose of your unused or expired medication during the month of October, beginning with this Saturday at Riverhead’s Stop Throwing Out Pollutants day. More information is online here.
• A new Center Stage production of playwright Yasmina Reza’s “God of Carnage” opens in Southampton tomorrow evening, and continues through Oct. 30. More information is online here.
• The deadline to register to vote for this November’s general election is this Friday, Oct. 14. If you haven’t registered yet, get on it! You can now register to vote online here at the state DMV’s website.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 6:27 a.m., 6:44 p.m.
Orient: 7:28 a.m., 7:45 p.m.
Greenport: 7:56 a.m., 8:13 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 7:51 a.m., 8:08 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 9:18 a.m., 9:35 p.m.
S. JPT: 9:25 a.m., 9:42 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:16 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 7:09 a.m., 7:28 p.m.
Orient: 8:10 a.m., 8:29 p.m.
Greenport: 8:38 a.m., 8:57 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 8:33 a.m., 8:52 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 10 a.m., 10:19 p.m.
S. JPT: 10:07 a.m., 10:26 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:11 a.m., 5:34 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.