• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high temperature near 70 degrees and patchy drizzle before 8 a.m., with an east wind 5 to 8 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 57. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 72 and Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 75.
• New York Governor Kathy Hochul signed legislation Friday, Oct. 8 allowing the creation of Community Housing Funds in each of the five East End towns, squeaking in under the Saturday deadline to sign legislation drafted in the state legislature’s last session. Read More.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss community engagement with its airport revisioning process, affordable housing recommendations for 395 Pantigo Road and legislation to allow increased density for affordable housing projects at its 11 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live on LTV’s YouTube channel.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold a public hearing on this year’s use of Community Preservation Funds for water quality improvement projects at its 1 p.m. regular meeting this afternoon. Here’s the agenda, the meeting can be viewed live here. Here’s the Zoom link to comment at the public hearing.
• Suffolk County reported 295 new cases of Covid-19 on Saturday, Oct. 9, with 3.6 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 164 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 36 of them in ICU. The county reported one new fatality from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3.567 people. As of Oct. 9, 75.5 percent of Suffolk’s population over the age of 12 had received at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine, with 64.8 percent of the total population completely vaccinated.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3 a.m., 3:32 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:08 a.m., 2:40 p.m.
Greenport: 3:37 a.m., 4:09 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:35 a.m., 4:57 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:32 a.m., 4:04 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:59 a.m., 5:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:06 a.m., 5:38 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:13 a.m., 2:41 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:22 a.m., 12:50 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:10 a.m., 4:44 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:18 a.m., 3:52 p.m.
Greenport: 4:47 a.m., 5:21 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:41 a.m., 6:06 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:42 a.m., 5:16 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:09 a.m., 6:43 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:16 a.m., 6:50 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:17 a.m., 3:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:26 a.m., 1:52 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.