• We’re expecting patchy fog before 9 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be sunny, with a high near 71 degrees and a light south wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 miles per hour in the morning. Tonight will be clear, with a low around 48. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 72, and Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 77 degrees.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss the kiosk in Grangebel Park, solar code amendments and a special permit for the North Fork Brewery at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss the proposed Mecox Bay Park, council members’ projects and the agenda for their Oct. 24 meeting at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board plans to hire a historic preservation consultant and engineer for the restoration of the town-owned George Fowler House on Springs-Fireplace Road, the last surviving house in town that had belonged to a Montaukett Indian, at their 6:30 p.m. regular meeting tonight. The board also plans to vote to accept bids for $35,000 worth of work to restore Montauk’s Second House. There are no public hearings scheduled. Their full agenda is online here.
• Upsculpter Cindy Pease Roe leads a seminar on building whale sculptures with beach debris this evening at 5:30 p.m. at the Southampton Arts Center. More details are online here. [$25]
• Guild Hall in East Hampton will host a Guild Gathering networking night for artists, with presentations by four local artists, tonight at 7 p.m. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here. [Free]
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:57 a.m., 10:21 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:05 a.m., 9:29 p.m.
Greenport: 10:34 a.m., 10:58 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:37 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:29 a.m., 10:53 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:56 a.m.
South Jamesport: 12:03 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:29 a.m., 7:44 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:39 a.m., 11:04 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:47 a.m., 10:12 p.m.
Greenport: 11:16 a.m., 11:41 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:03 a.m., 12:18 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:11 a.m., 11:36 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:20 a.m., 12:38 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:27 a.m., 12:45 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:09 a.m., 8:25 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.