This Morning’s Bulletin — 3.21.19
• Rain is likely today, mainly after 2 p.m., with cloudy skies and a high near 48. The wind will be out of the southeast at 9 to 14 miles per hour. We’re expecting rain overnight, with a low around 40 and an east wind 13 to 17 miles per hour. Friday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 50 and a 40 percent chance of showers. Saturday will be partly sunny and breezy, with a high near 44.
• The Southampton Town Board will hear an annual update on work of the town’s Youth Bureau and a presentation from the town’s Affirmative Action Task Force at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. The full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board’s work session this morning will begin at 11 a.m., and will include a reminder that the town is seeking a member for its independent audit committee and an update on work being done at the Peconic Paddler site on Peconic Avenue. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Calverton Civic Association is inviting residents of Riverhead and media outlets are invited to attend their meeting this evening at 7:30 p.m. at the Riley Avenue School, 374 Riley Avenue, for a presentation and Q & A with the developers proposing a waste-to-energy anaerobic digester plant on Youngs Avenue.
• The East Hampton Town Board is holding a public hearing at its 6:30 p.m. meeting tonight on a controversial set of additions to its music permit application process for bars and restaurants that would like to have live music, an issue that has galvanized South Fork musicians.
• It’s not all government business today. The Southampton Arts Center hosts its weekly Thursday night Hangout with artists in the Takeover galleries, augmented by gong sound baths with Jen Fraser from 6 to 8 p.m.. And over in Quogue, “Man of La Mancha” opens tonight at the Hampton Theatre Company.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:45 a.m., 11:06 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:53 a.m., 10:14 p.m.
Greenport: 11:22 a.m., 11:43 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:23 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:17 a.m., 11:38 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:15 a.m., 12:44 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:22 a.m., 12:51 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:59 a.m., 10:29 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:08 a.m., 8:38 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:35 a.m., 11:56 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:43 a.m., 11:04 p.m.
Greenport: 12:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:46 a.m., 1:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:07 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:05 a.m., 1:34 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:12 a.m., 1:41 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:48 a.m., 11:17 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:57 a.m., 9:26 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.