Pictured Above: The Southold Fire Department Band marched through Jamesport during Wednesday’s fire department parade.
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 82 degrees and a north wind around 6 miles per hour, becoming southeast in the afternoon. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 63. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 82 and Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 84.
• After years of fostering a partnership, Stony Brook Medicine and Eastern Long Island Hospital in Greenport made their merger official on Tuesday with an unveiling of the hospital’s new name: Stony Brook Eastern Long Island Hospital. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• We received several letters this week on topics ranging from offshore wind to climate change to traffic on the North Fork. You can read the letters online here or send us letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss renovations to the Hampton Bays Community Center at its 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. The full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets in a closed executive session this morning at 9:30 a.m. to discuss contractual matters, personnel and litigation. There will be no public work session today. The executive session agenda is online here.
• The North Fork Environmental Council will hold a presentation on marine water quality with Cornell Cooperative Extension Stormwater Educator Mark Cappellino this evening at 6:30 p.m. at the Jamesport Meeting House. More details are online here.
• National Geographic photographer Stephen Wilkes will talk about his work at an International Center of Photography talk this evening at 7 p.m. at the Southampton Arts Center. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:40 a.m., 5:18 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:48 a.m., 4:26 p.m.
Greenport: 5:17 a.m., 5:55 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:55 a.m., 6:18 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:12 a.m., 5:50 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:39 a.m., 7:17 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:46 a.m., 7:24 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:18 a.m., 3:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:27 a.m., 1:56 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:37 a.m., 6:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:45 a.m., 5:16 p.m.
Greenport: 6:14 a.m., 6:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:51 a.m., 7:10 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:09 a.m., 6:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:36 a.m., 8:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:43 a.m., 8:14 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:08 a.m., 4:36 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:17 a.m., 2:45 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.