• We’re expecting widespread haze and patchy fog before 11 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be sunny, with a high temperature near 74 degrees and a north wind 7 to 9 miles per hour. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 50 and patchy fog after 1 a.m. Tuesday and Wednesday are both expected to be sunny, with high temperatures around 76.
• The Riverhead Town Board is slated to hold two public hearings at its 2 p.m. meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 3 on moratoriums on industrial development in Calverton and on Battery Energy Storage Facilities. Read More.
• Riverhead Town was in the process last week of relocating its offices into the former Peconic Bay Medical Center Foundation Entenmann Campus at 2-4 West Second Street. The transition is expected to be completed by Friday, Sept. 29, and an official dedication will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 4 at 11:30 a.m. Read More.
• The East End Seaport Museum’s Maritime Festival is returning the weekend of Oct. 21 to Oct. 22, after the wind from the remnants of Tropical Storm Ophelia cancelled the festival the weekend of Sept. 23. Here’s more info.
• The first-ever Walk to End Alzheimer’s in the Hamptons will be held on Saturday, Oct. 14 at the South Fork Natural History Museum, 377 Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike in Bridgehampton at 9:30 a.m. It’s a two-mile fundraiser for the Alzheimer’s Association through the Long Pond Greenbelt Trails. Here’s how to sign up.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:08 a.m., 12:33 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:41 a.m.
Greenport: 12:45 a.m., 1:10 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:48 a.m., 2:05 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:40 a.m., 1:05 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:07 a.m., 2:32 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:14 a.m., 2:39 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:47 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:56 a.m., 10:24 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1 a.m., 1:25 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:08 a.m., 12:33 p.m.
Greenport: 1:37 a.m., 2:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:38 a.m., 2:54 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:32 a.m., 1:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:59 a.m., 3:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:06 a.m., 3:31 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:15 a.m., 12:37 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:46 a.m., 11:19 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.