Pictured Above: The line to vote on Sunday at Stony Brook Southampton College.
• We’re expecting a chance of light rain today, with cloudy skies and a high near 60. Wind will be out of the east at 10 to 14 miles per hour. There’s a slight chance of rain overnight, with a steady temperature around 56. Tuesday will be mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 56 and a 20 percent chance of afternoon rain. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 58.
• Early voters waited up to three hours to cast their ballots on the East End this weekend, in scenes that were similar to those playing out in swing state early voting sites across the country, a stark contrast to a typical presidential election on the East End, where sleepy polling places are a hallmark of our civic life. Here’s what some of those early voters had to say.
• Early voting continues all week, through Nov. 1. Here are more details about how to vote.
• Two propositions are on the back of this year’s ballot — here’s more information.
• The Mattituck-Laurel Civic Association will hold a Zoom forum this evening at 6:30 p.m. with the Peconic Land Trust on conserving Long Island’s working farms and natural lands. Here’s the login info.
• The Southampton Arts Center (SAC) has paired up with the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the South Fork for a free outdoor screening this evening at 6 p.m. of “John Lewis: Good Trouble” about the Congressman and Civil Rights leader who died this summer. Here are more details.
• Suffolk County reported 101 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Sunday, with 1.3 percent of people tested testing positive. Thirty-two people are currently hospitalized with the virus in the county, with four of them in ICU. The county reported no new deaths, and the death toll here stands at 2,019.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:05 a.m., 7:25 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:13 a.m., 6:33 p.m.
Greenport: 7:42 a.m., 8:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:24 a.m., 8:48 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:37 a.m., 7:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:04 a.m., 9:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:11 a.m., 9:31 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:59 a.m., 6:16 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:08 a.m., 4:25 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:49 a.m., 8:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:57 a.m., 7:16 p.m.
Greenport: 8:26 a.m., 8:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:14 a.m., 9:37 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:21 a.m., 8:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:48 a.m., 10:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:55 a.m., 10:14 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:52 a.m., 7:07 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:01 a.m., 5:16 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.