This Morning’s Bulletin — 10.4.21

Good Morning!

• There’s a 60 percent chance of rain throughout the day today, with cloudy skies, a high temperature near 71 and an east wind 6 to 8 miles per hour. It will be cloudy overnight, with a low around 60 and a 70 percent chance of rain. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers Tuesday, mainly before 2 p.m., with cloudy skies and a high near 69. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 70.

• Local climate activist Brianne Brigmann shared the work she is doing to remove food scraps from the garbage cycle in this month’s installment of Climate Local Now, a partnership between the East End Beacon and Drawdown East End.

• The League of Women Voters of The Hamptons, Shelter Island and the North Fork will hold a Zoom debate for Southampton Town Board candidates this evening at 7 p.m. The debate will be aired live on Sea-TV’s YouTube channel.

• The Jamesport Civic Association will also be hosting a candidate forum with Riverhead Town candidates on Thursday, Oct. 7 from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Jamesport Meeting House, 1590 Main Road in Jamesport. Here are more details on upcoming local debates this month.

• The Riverhead Anti-Bias Task Force’s Synergy meeting with town police, originally scheduled for tonight, has been postponed. We will provide an update when the meeting is rescheduled.

• Suffolk County reported 432 new cases of Covid-19 on Saturday, Oct. 2, with 3.6 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 170 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 30 of them in ICU. The county reported two new fatalities, bringing the death toll here to 3,543 people.

• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.

The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:

Oct. 3
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:15 a.m., 8:31 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:23 a.m., 7:39 p.m.
Greenport: 8:52 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:36 a.m., 9:53 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:47 a.m., 9:03 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:14 a.m., 10:30 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:21 a.m., 10:37 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:16 a.m., 7:25 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:25 a.m., 5:34 p.m.

Oct. 4
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:53 a.m., 9:09 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:01 a.m., 8:17 p.m.
Greenport: 9:30 a.m., 9:46 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:21 a.m., 10:39 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:25 a.m., 9:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:52 a.m., 11:08 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:59 a.m., 11:15 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:02 a.m., 8:11 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:11 a.m., 6:20 p.m.

And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.

Beth Young

Beth Young has been covering the East End since the 1990s. In her spare time, she runs around the block, tinkers with bicycles, tries not to drown in the Peconic Bay and hopes to grow the perfect tomato. You can send her a message at editor@eastendbeacon.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Please prove you're human: