• We’re expecting partly sunny skies today, with areas of fog before 10 a.m. and a high temperature near 71 degrees, with a calm wind becoming northeast around 5 miles per hour in the afternoon. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 58. We’re expecting isolated sprinkles before noon Saturday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 68. Sunday will be cloudy, with a high near 70 degrees and a 40 percent chance of showers.
• This year’s Hamptons International Film Festival has begun, and continues throughout the weekend at theaters throughout the South Fork. Here are all the details.
• Hallockville Museum Farm holds a Barn Dance Fall Fundraiser tomorrow evening, with a VIP three-course dinner at 4:30 p.m. followed by an evening of traditional dance beginning at 6:30 p.m. Here’s more info.
• The Riverhead Country Fair will be held throughout Downtown Riverhead on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The fair includes original artists, agricultural and homemaking displays and competitions, authors, entertainers, local merchants, food, amusement rides, pony rides, business expositions, displays & food. More info is online at riverheadcountryfair.com.
• Peconic Bay Vineyards at 31320 Main Rd, Cutchogue hosts an outdoor Screening of “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” to benefit Community Action Southold Town Sunday evening at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $50 per car, which includes popcorn. Tickets are available online at CastMovies.givesmart.com.
• Suffolk County reported 453 new cases of Covid-19 on Wednesday, Oct. 6, with 3 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 176 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 38 of them in ICU. The county reported two new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3,555 people. As of Oct. 6, 64.5 percent of all Suffolk residents have been fully vaccinated against Covid, and 75.3 percent of residents ages 12 and up had received at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:40 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:48 a.m., 11:15 p.m.
Greenport: 12:17 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:57 a.m., 1:15 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:12 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:17 a.m., 1:39 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:24 a.m., 1:46 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:54 a.m., 11:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:03 a.m., 9:23 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:07 a.m., 12:31 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:39 a.m.
Greenport: 12:44 a.m., 1:08 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:45 a.m., 2:03 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:39 a.m., 1:03 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:06 a.m., 2:30 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:13 a.m., 2:37 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:43 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:52 a.m., 10:17 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.