• We’re expecting patchy fog before 9 a.m. today, with otherwise mostly sunny skies and a high temperature near 72 degrees. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 59. We’re expecting patchy fog before 8 a.m., but otherwise mostly sunny skies, with a high near 74. Saturday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 68.
• Southold Town will hold a community outreach program on “The Dangers of Identity Crimes and Tips on How to Avoid Becoming a Victim” this afternoon from 2 to 3:30 p.m. at the Southold Town Recreation Center at 970 Peconic Lane in Peconic. Call Denis Noncarrow, Government Liaison Officer, at 631.765.5806 to preregister.
• The Jamesport Civic Association will be hosting a candidate forum with Riverhead Town candidates this evening, Oct. 7 from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Jamesport Meeting House, 1590 Main Road in Jamesport. Here are more details.
• The Riverhead Town Board holds a special meeting at 10 a.m. today to execute agreements between the town’s Community Development Agency and the New York State Office of Historic Preservation and the Empire State Development Corporation regarding the demolition of three town-owned downtown buildings to make way for a new public square.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold a special meeting this morning at 11 a.m. to set public hearings regarding the town’s 2022 budget for Oct. 26, followed by a work session at which the board is expected to discuss projects board members are working on. The special meeting and work session can be viewed live here.
• The East Hampton Town Board meets this afternoon at 2 p.m. They’re slated to hold public hearings the management plan for Boys & Girls Harbor, balloons and three proposed grants of scenic and conservation easements. Their agenda is online here and the meeting can be viewed live here. All of East Hampton’s meetings are currently being conducted virtually, with public comment through a call-in number displayed on the LTV feed.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:54 a.m., 11:18 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:02 a.m., 10:26 p.m.
Greenport: 11:31 a.m., 11:55 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:10 a.m., 12:29 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:26 a.m., 11:50 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:31 a.m., 12:53 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:38 a.m., 1 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:09 a.m., 10:25 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:18 a.m., 8:34 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:40 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:48 a.m., 11:15 p.m.
Greenport: 12:17 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:57 a.m., 1:15 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:12 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:17 a.m., 1:39 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:24 a.m., 1:46 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:54 a.m., 11:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:03 a.m., 9:23 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.