• There’s an 80 percent chance of showers today, with a possible thunderstorm after 5 p.m., with a south wind 9 to 18 miles per hour, with gusts up to 32. We’re expecting between a quarter and a half inch of rain before the day ends, and a high temperature around 74 degrees. Showers and thunderstorms are expected to continue overnight, with a low around 63. Tuesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 79, and Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 70.
• The Islandia-based Latina advocacy group SEPA Mujer has been working for 24 years to help give Long Island women a voice, but over the past couple years, their presence has become much more pronounced on the East End. The group honored the organizations and people who made that possible at their annual benefit last Thursday night.
• The East Hampton Town Board voted unanimously, with little fanfare, Thursday evening to go ahead with the lengthy and costly process of applying to the Federal Aviation Administration for noise relief at the town’s municipal airport in Wainscott. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Here’s a great way to spend a rainy holiday: The Dave Harrington Group will provide a live improvised score for “The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari” at Southampton Arts Center this afternoon at 2 p.m. They’re promising a sonic odyssey for the ages. More details are online here. [$20]
• Tomorrow, October 10, Indivisible North Fork will sponsor a forum on the merits of the Election Day proposition to hold a New York State Constitutional Convention at 6:30 p.m. at the Riverhead Free Library. The forum will be moderated by the League of Women Voters. All are welcome to attend.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:42 a.m., 1:05 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:13 p.m.
Greenport: 1:19 a.m., 1:42 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:19 a.m., 2:36 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:14 a.m., 1:37 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:41 a.m., 3:04 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:48 a.m., 3:11 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:21 a.m., 10:59 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:36 a.m., 2:02 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:44 a.m., 1:10 p.m.
Greenport: 2:13 a.m., 2:39 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:13 a.m., 3:31 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:08 a.m., 2:34 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:35 a.m., 4:01 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:42 a.m., 4:08 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:19 a.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.